PARENTS TAKE THE MIOSM SURVEY! The data will be shared at the next concert!
As a district, there are always concerts scheduled in March or early April in celebration of MIOSM. WRHS will present a concert of the Beatles album Sgt. Pepper's on March 16th and 17th, Craneville (grades 3-5) students will perform a concert on March 24th at 1:30. At Nessacus, students participate in a variety of ways.
All band and chorus students are preparing for a "Music from Books" Concert on April 11th (7:00pm). Music being performed is related to literature/books in some way and students will dress up as their favorite book character (voluntary). This is a joint celebration of Read Across America and MIOSM.
Other ways students will participate in MIOSM this month:
Students will be exploring the question "What Music Means To Me.." by
- Sharing and reading music quotes in the morning announcements
- Recording themselves playing with friends at school or at home
- Drawing pictures about music and their relationship with it
- Creating Blogs and sharing media about music
- Dancing to music
- Our very own Alexis Ayotte is performing with the All Western MA Junior Band at UMASS on March 18th (3pm)
- Writing music
- Recruiting new band and chorus members
- Interviewing parents and other family members about why and how they value music
- Music Tech students are creating Google slideshows entitled "The Story of My Life" where they find music to match the mood and feeling behind various key moments in their lives
What Does Music Mean to YOU?? Feel free to comment below!